Holiday Park began when General Development Corporation established a mobile home park on Tuscola Blvd. in the early 1970's. It was designed to have 865 mobile home units to be developed in two separate areas which were called Phase 1 and Phase 2. Although the park thrived, the General Development Corporation did not, and the park was sold in 1981.
The residents of Holiday Park at that time formed the Holiday Park Park and Recreation District under House Bill 1855 with the approval of the Florida State Legislature. This allowed them to issue bonds to purchase the land from General Development. When that was done Holiday Park became a 55 and over park with deed restrictions.
Since that time, the park has been controlled by a nine member Board of Trustees which hires a Park Manager to manage the park on a day-to-day basis.